Speleology in St-Elzéar's Cavern
Guided tours of the oldest cave in Quebec: spectacular for its age (nearly half a million years old) and largest quantity and variety of concretions (stalactites, stalagmites, moon milk and other ...), the Grotto Saint-Elzear offers a safe and comfortable furnishings, (rain or shine) which can accommodate the whole family (6 years and older).
• Warm clothing and outdoor footwear are required (4o C and 100% relative humidity).
• There should be 3.5 to 4 hours in total for the activity; including 45 to 60 minutes for a visit inside the cave and the trip to and from the grotto
• The departure with professional guides from the village center of St. Elzear at 136 Main Road! (Information booth).
• The season starts in early June when the terrain and road conditions permit it.
• A maximum of 12 persons are allowed for a single visit and there is no minimum.
• In pre-season (late May to 15 June) a 20% discount is applicable on group tours from 10 to 12 people)
Departure for the activity is from the village center of St. Elzear at 136 Main Road "information kiosk" where a servant this gives you a short guide to make your road trip and also to make a bet date information, as appropriate. Visited the park, follow the signs to the trail that eventually leads you directly to the cave after a 15 minute walk, where you will be met by professional guides
8 h 00 -10 h 00 - 13 h 00 - 15 h 00
YOU MUST BE AT THE ST-ELZÉAR TRAVEL INFORMATION BOOTH
15 MINUTES PRIOR TO DEPARTURE TO VALIDATE YOUR RESERVATION
THE 14KM TRIP ON GRAVEL ROAD IS SOMETIMES ROCKY "WITH POSSIBILITY OF DUST". THIS ROAD IS USED BY FOREST INDUSTRY WORKERS. YOU MUST BE CAREFUL, DRIVE CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY. "40 KM / H MAXIMUM" AND ALWAYS STAY TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION
Rates (taxes included):
18 years and over: $ 37
6 to 17 years: $ 27
See all our galleries
Videos | Pictures